I started this blog less than 2 weeks ago.
I’m not totally new to blogging. In the last 10 years I started two blogs, plus two websites. But they didn’t amount to anything.
I think the problem is not sticking with my objectives.
I’ve been thinking about this a lot during the last 2 days. Is this blog going to die like my others ones?
One of the problems is distractions. During the first week I received many messages from the system, just like all of you did. Here’s a short list:
– You’ve made your first post!
– June 24: Your best day for follows on your blog!
– You’ve received 5 likes!
– June 27: Your best day for likes!
– June 27: Your best day for follows!
– You’ve received 5 follows!
– You’ve received 10 likes!
– This person liked you post!
– 3 others liked your post!
– You’ve made 5 posts!
– This person commented on your post!
– 9 others liked your post!
– You’ve received 10 follows!
– You’ve received 20 likes!
– July 1: Your best day for follows!
– This person liked your comment!
– 2 others like your post!
This is all very nice, but… it feels like I’m playing a video game. It’s as if this was some sort of competition, where I’m trying to accumulate points, admiration and followers. This was not my objective when I started, and now I have this voice in my head that says: “You need more likes! You need more posts! You need more followers!”
So now I have to pause and think (I love to pause and think). 🙂
I’m losing track of my objectives. What was my goal when I started this blog? I entitled it metamorphosis. This is what I wanted to talk about. Now, with the Reader, the messages and all, my mind is all over the place. I get the impression that I’m not going to win this game.
I woke up exhausted this morning and I wondered why. It seemed like my mind had been working all night. Next, I thought about my blog and asked myself where I was going with it.
Then this phrase came to me: “Remove the things that are not consistent with your objectives.”
Wow! Nice one. This applies to my whole life in general!
I will remove the things that are not consistent with my objectives.
Starting right now.